Silent Install Options

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Hi,

Could you give a list of the silent install options for the WSP installer, as well as a brief explanation of each option value?  I wasn't able to find anything, but if you've already explained a link would be great :-)

Thanks,

Sean

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM

You really should not touch most of the settings you see in the config file. The examples below should suffice for most all situations.

If you want to install on a server which is internet facing and you therefore don't want to open and have it listen on port 1300:

msiexec /qn /i WspEventRouterSetupx64.msi WSPPARENT=parentservername WSPINTERNETFACING=1 WSPQUEUESIZE=102400000

If you want to install on a server where you want it to be a parent for other servers:

msiexec /qn /i WspEventRouterSetupx64.msi WSPPARENT=parentservername WSPQUEUESIZE=102400000

The size of the wspqueuesize will depend upon the size of your events and how many children you have attaching.  For example, in production where we have more than 300 servers attaching to a parent, I configured the queue size for the parent at 4GB.