Error 1001. Source WspEventRouter already exists on the local computer

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Hello Keith,

I uninstalled the application, then tried to reinstall and I get the aforementioned error. This occurred with the latest release on Windows 7 on 2 separate computers. Any idea on how I can resolve the install error. I have tried restarting the machine, but that did not seem to help.

I'm also having trouble running this from the debugger. I get the following exception when I attempt to run the Router project:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure \"Microsoft.WebSolutionsPlatform.Router.WspEventRouter.resources\" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly \"WspEventRouter\" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed

Cheers,
Jon
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
When you uninstall Wsp, be sure the WspEventRouter process is not running or you can get into this situation. At this point, you need to manually delete the instances of WspEventRouter from the registry. This all seems to be the deficiency of using deployment projects to create an msi.

I'm not sure about your resource issue, this is not something I run into. When I want to debug, I either start the debug version and attach to the process, or I start the exe from VS where you give it a parameter so it runs as a normal command-line exe.
Jun 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM
may need to make sure the service is removed.
sc delete wspeventrouter