Networking 32 and 64 bit

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Hi,

I have three machine. The first is a win server 2008 downgrade to 32 bit and is the root machine. The other two child machine are Xp 32 bit and win 7 64 bit.

I'm testing the application and I have a comunication problem on win 7 machine. It's slow in event processing and often stop scoket comunication. Have 32 and 64 some compatibility problems? Are there some issue about this?

thank you

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I have run it on lots of Win7 machines, both 32 and 64 bit without issues. So I'm unsure what you're running into. It has been years since I've run it on XP. I've also run between 32 and 64 bit machines over the years without issues. The most common communication issue I've seen people run into is they have the firewall on and don't open it up for WspEventRouter but in that situation, a connection is never established. When you do a "netstat -an | findstr 1300" on the client, you'd see a SYN SENT. So I'm not sure what help I can provide.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hi,

The firewall is ok. I do a netstat on my client 64 bit and I can see a SYN_SENT signal to start comunication. Anyway the time to establish comunication is too long, and when it is running it seems not enough robust like the comunication that I have between server and client 32 bit (it stops and tries to connect again by the other port). When i had a comunication, "netstat -a" shows the three (one local, two connections to parent). If you have been run in networking 32 and 64 bit machine I suppose that the problem is the healt of my OS. I'm going to test after a PC Maintenance to verify better the comunication (I think after maintenance it will work fine).

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Usually if you see SYN SENT, it means the firewall on the parent is not configured properly. In the data center, I also run into the situation where the networking team has blocked port 1300 through their routers and I need to get them to open it up.