Production Usage

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:39 AM

I'm close to picking this project as a base for a relative large production critical project.

My question is, are there any folks currently using this exact downloaded code base in production? I read fromKeith that is was or is at microsoft but that was in 2004 I think it showed.

The documentation and user group does not elude to current usage...seems it was from 20074. Would appreciate any feedback

Thanks
Ivan

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2011 at 4:38 AM

These exact bits are on lots of thousands of production servers in MSN and Bing Mobile which are spread across 20+ data centers. They are all connected together and we get sub-second latency between publishers and subscribers regardless of where the publishers and subscribers are in the world.

How many servers would you deploy to and in how many data centers? Do you have an idea of your traffic patterns and your projected events / second?

Keith

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:56 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2011 at 4:57 AM
Keith-
Many thanks for the resonse. Guess having a reply so fast is certainly a positive start!
The initial system would be 2 servers; 1 publisher and 1 as a subscriber.
code snippet 1 will publish a set of message lets call them (type a & type b) to a Queue. I expect around 4000 messages a day.
code snippet 2 will subscribe to message 'type a' then perform some code and update a database.
code snippet 4 will subscribe to message 'type b' do work and publish to a final queue which will be consumed by code snippet 5.
If I get this to work, I'll onboard a second client which will bring the total published messages to aroud 6000 daily.
Would be great to syncup with you to chat a bit more..
Regards,
Ivan Sager

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM, keithh <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

These exact bits are on lots of thousands of production servers in MSN and Bing Mobile which are spread across 20+ data centers. They are all connected together and we get sub-second latency between publishers and subscribers regardless of where the publishers and subscribers are in the world.

How many servers would you deploy to and in how many data centers? Do you have an idea of your traffic patterns and your projected events / second?

Keith

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pubsub@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pubsub@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:36 AM

4000 messages in a day is a nothing. When you install, you can make either server the parent, it doesn't matter. The most difficult task will be to create your .Net classes for your two types of messages. Send them to me at keithh@microsoft.com and I'll take a look. If you have questions that others might also have, send them via Codeplex. Otherwise, use my work email.

Keith