Problem using the sample ListenTest/ServiceTest

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2010 at 11:57 PM

After installing the router, I can keep the ListenTest running get report that event was being received while I kick the ServiceTest.

However I can't seems to get the event out of the one machine.  I've tried installing it on one with default settings, and then another with Parent as the IP address of the first.  Did the same thing as before, ran ListenTest on one box and ServiceTest on another.  This time the ServiceTest still reports event sent but ListenTest didn't receive anything.  I've double checked and confirmed both machines are listening on 1300, and the child router have a TCP connection to the parent's 1300.  I also saw one of the previous posting about changing the sample app to subscript to global events with the same result.

Any idea?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:10 AM

You need to edit the listen sample and rebuild. In the program.cs, you need to change the subscription so "LocalOnly" is false. The line of code should be:

subMgr.AddSubscription(webPageEvent.EventType, false);

With this, the subscription is global and not just on the local machine.

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Yes keithh, I saw one of your eariler posting and did that already.  I did have to remove the app.config from the project file as it was not being shipped.  It compiles and ran fine, just not getting the event on another box.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:45 AM

So you have machine1 and machine2, did you configure machine2 so its parent is machine1? You can manually do this in machine2's config file. You should see the machines both listening on port 1300 and have multiple connections open between the two machines.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Yes I do, I can telnet to/from each other on 1300.  I see 2 connections from the child to the parent's 1300.