SharedQueue failed to initialize

May 6, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hi

I suddenly started getting this exception.

I was able to run the publisher and subscriber without running the router service. but then I restarted the machine as i was getting "Queue is full" exception. After I restarted the machine I started getting "SharedQueue" failed to initialize exception.

could you please let me know what could be the problem?

thanks

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM

You must have the router service running for things to work.

May 7, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Router service is running at my machine with default configuration. But still I get

“SharedQueue failed to initialize exception”.

Thanks

Vibha

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:06 AM
To: Vibha Kapur
Subject: Re: SharedQueue failed to initialize [pubsub:211766]

You must have the router service running for things to work.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pubsub@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pubsub@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***
Coordinator
May 7, 2010 at 5:08 AM

The router service is the one who opens shared memory and your application is attaching to that same shared memory. Only the router service can open it. Make sure any application that is using the pub/sub system is stopped. Then start the router and make sure it stays up. If for instance, you are running in a VM which doesn't have a lot of memory and you try to start the router where the config file is trying to allocate too much shared memory, the process will stop.

I think you can also start the router from a cmd window by using "wspeventrouter.exe debug" and this might shed more light. Otherwise, you have the code, start it in the debugger to see what's happening. I have run this code on thousands of boxes without any problems.