Sample Listener app does not makes use of Router

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Hi

When i run sample WspEventListenTest application, i am not able to see, at  which port this aplication is listening to events. I opened command line prompt and ran netstat -ano command. IT gave me list of all active connections in the system with PID, but did not see at port WspEventListenTest is listening to events.

I ran the downloaded code (V2.0), did not create any service. 

One side publisher is running and sending events and another side subscriber is running and listening to events at the same machine. But no idea, at port publisher is sending and at which port subscriber is listening.

Then I made some changes in app.config file and tried lot of ports with local machine IP addess but failed to see usage of router component while running Publisger and subscriber.

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 4:20 AM

You have to install and run the service or nothing will work. Just install on one machine and take all defaults when you run the setup. BTW, the apps listen and talk to shared memory, they don't talk on ports.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Thanks a lot for your quick help.

Could you please provide a link where I can get the details how to install the service and which service?

In my scenario, one application is pumping data on a port and I want WSP application to listen to that data. How to configure that?

Vice-versa, if some application is listening on a post for messages, how to send messages from WSP in that case?

Thanks & Regards

Vibha Kapur

Ext: 2073 M:09342551181

Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:51 AM
To: Vibha Kapur
Subject: Re: Sample Listener app does not makes use of Router [pubsub:210945]

You have to install and run the service or nothing will work. Just install on one machine and take all defaults when you run the setup. BTW, the apps listen and talk to shared memory, they don't talk on ports.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pubsub@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pubsub@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 5:00 AM

See the Downloads tab? Pick the x86 or x64 and install it. Then start the WspEventRouter service. Open two cmd windows and go to c:\program files\microsoft\wspeventrouter. Run wspeventlistentest.exe in one cmd window. In the other run "wspeventservicetest.exe 10000 2". Then look at the sample code to see how to publish and subscribe to events.